Important Dates to Remember:
- July 1st (Prior Year) -- Valuation Date
- May 1st -- Taxable Status Date, Last day to file for an Exemption
- June 1st -- Tentative Roll is published
- 3rd Tuesday in June -- Annual Grievance Day
- September 15th -- Final Assessment Roll is published
Taxable Status Date - Real property ownership and physical condition is assessed (valued) as of this date according to the price level fixed as of the Valuation Date. All applications for property exemptions, including the School Tax Relief exemption (STAR), must be filed with the assessor by this date.
Tentative Assessment Roll - The Assessor completes, certifies and files a roll containing proposed assessed values for each property in the assessing unit.
Annual Grievance Day - The date the Board of Assessment Review meets to hear assessment complaints. This is also the last day property owners may file a formal complaint seeking a reduction in their tentative assessments.
Final Assessment Roll - The Assessor signs and files a roll that contains the final assessments, including all changes.