Additional Tax Receiver Duties:
Prepares and generates tax bills for all non-escrow accounts and submits files to appropriate Tax Services for lenders responsible for the payment of all escrow account properties.
Manages the daily electronic check scanning deposit service which immediately scans and deposits tax payments to the Town’s account. This method reduces the internal and banking processing time.
Offers a subscription for emailing tax bills, receipts and tax reminders. To subscribe, click here.
Receives levies, records and deposits funds collected within 24 hours.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork and arranges refunds for all Small Claims and Certiorari Settlements.
- Maintains accurate records; payment history, mailing address, payment arrangements for approximately 5,000 parcels and 1,600 water accounts.
- Provides Finance Department with weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Prepares Delinquent Tax List annually to the Westchester County Clerk and Redemption Certificates upon satisfaction of arrears.
- Prepares Tax Rates, Warrant and Legal Notices for collection.
- Prepares and generates approximately 10,000 bills annually, of which 7,000 are mailed and/or emailed directly to taxpayers the flle is sent to lenders three times a year for escrow accounts.
- Calculates and restores all exemption removals.
- Provides quarterly tax collection figures to the United States Census Bureau.
The office handles an abundance of phone calls from taxpayers, lending institutions, real estate agencies, title companies and attorneys at closings.
A “Newcomer Packet” is sent to every new home owner upon arrival. If you are a new homeowner who has not received this packet, or an existing resident who has changed your mailing address or your tax payment arrangement in any way, please contact this office so that we can revise our records.
Tax Receiver Patty Colombo has been a member since 1991 of both the New York State Receiver's and Collector's Association and the Westchester County Receiver of Taxes Association. After serving a two-year term as Vice President of Westchester County Receiver of Taxes Association, Patty was elected President of the Association in March, 2009. This enabled her to keep abreast of updated legislation and procedures. She was just re-elected President of the Westchester County Receiver of Taxes Association for another two year term earlier in 2015. Patty is also currently serving as the Director of Westchester Tax Receivers for the State of New York which enables her to connect with the State as a liaison between her fellow Tax Receivers and any State mandated laws and procedures.The primary goal of the Tax Receiver's office is to welcome and provide each and every taxpayer with courteous, professional and prompt service. Stop by the office any time, we are located in the Town Hall Annex.