New Dog Licenses: fill out Dog License Application and mail a check -- tag and license will be mailed to you.
- Per New York State law, all dogs four months of age and older must be licensed in the municipality in which the dog’s owner resides.
- A current rabies vaccination is required to obtain a dog’s first license as well as annual license renewals.
- Dogs owned by one or more senior residents, 65 years or older, are exempted from Town licensing fees.
Dog License Renewals: Annual License renewal reminders are mailed in the month of orignal registration.
- Renew By Mail: Please mail a check, payable to Town of North Castle, and proof of Rabies Vaccination (if expired).
- Renew Online:
- To use online system please have your dog’s license number
- Rabies vaccination must be current. Call Town Clerk's office 914-273-3000 x42 to update Rabies Vaccination if needed, before renewing online
- There is a $1.75 convenience fee per transaction.
- Online system is for renewals only, new dog licenses must be mailed.