View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
(Tuesday after Memorial Day - Friday before Labor Day)
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
How to Reach Us
- Driveway Permits are required for new driveways, alterations to existing driveways and repaving of existing driveways. The application fee is $25.00. For information regarding necessary insurance certificates, and the bond to be retained until final inspection is complete, contact (914) 273-8625.
- A Building Permit is required for new construction, additions, alterations, decks, swimming pools, driveways, fences and walls over 4 feet, gutting kitchens and bathrooms, enclosing a screened in porch, replacing a boiler or hot water heater, adding central air conditioning or altering an existing system, roof replacement, window replacement, adding skylights and tree cutting. For questions about when a building permit is required, please contact our office at (914) 273-8625.
- An Electrical Permit is required for all electrical work and must be filed through the Building Department. We only honor inspections by the following New York Electrical Inspectors:
1. SWIS - State Wide Inspection Services, Frank Farina, (914) 909-4471, and NYEIS - New York Electrical Inspection Services, Nick Morabeto, (914) 347-4390.
2. Electricians must be licensed by Westchester County.
- A Plumbing Permit is required for all plumbing work. Workers must be licensed by Westchester County.
- A Certificate of Compliance is required upon completion of all building permit work.
- A Temporary Certificate of Occupancy may be issued, at the discretion of the Building Department, when only a portion of a project is complete. All public safety issues must be complete. The fee is $500.00.
- A Certificate of Occupancy is issued after the project is complete.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals considers requests for variances from Town Zoning Law. To schedule a ZBA hearing, contact the Building Department at (914) 273-8625.
- The Planning Board approves all site plans and subdivisions. To schedule Planning Board review, contact the Planning Department at (914) 273-3542. NOTE: All residential additions over 1500 square feet, any tear down, or new structure requires site plan approval.
- Architectural Review Board and Zoning Board information packets are available from the Building Department.
|Michael Cromwell||Assistant Building Inspector||(914) 273-8625|
|William Richardson||Assistant Building Inspector / Fire Inspector||(914) 273-8625|
|Thomas Baroni||Code Enforcement Officer||(914) 273-8625|
|Karen Cappuzzello||Senior Office Assistant||(914) 273-8625|
|Lori Zawacki||Intermediate Clerk Part Time||(914) 273-8625|