View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
(Tuesday after Memorial Day - Friday before Labor Day)
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
How to Reach Us
Welcome to the Town Clerk’s Office!
The Office of the Town Clerk is the gateway to government and the hub of the Town's administrative system. The Clerk’s Office interacts with residents, professionals and all Town Departments with regard to actions before and directed by the Town Board.
Role of the Town Clerk:
- The Town Clerk is the custodian of all Town Records and, as the Records Management Officer of the Town, maintains current and historical records of vital statistics, adopted Town laws, budgets, contracts, bonds, and deeds.
- The Town Clerk prepares and publishes Town Board agendas and supporting documentation, attends all Town Board meetings, records minutes, oversees video distribution of Town Board meetings and helps facilitate Town Board actions.
- Records and issues birth and death certificates for those who are born or die within the Town limits.
- Issues Marriage Licenses as well as Dog, Hunting and Fishing Licenses.
- Processes Permits for such things as Accessible Parking, Commuter Parking, Filming and Photography, Peddling, Soliciting and Canvassing as well as Special Event and Special Use Permit applications.
- Responds to Freedom of Information Law Requests (FOIL) and general inquiries.
- Coordinates primary, general and special Town elections and referendums; acts as liaison to the Westchester County Board of Elections.
- Publishes legal notices and receives and opens bids for the purchase of Town materials, equipment and service providers.
- The Clerk’s Office is the center of communication between Town officials, Boards and Committees and Town residents. Improvements to communications and access to Town Government via the Town website, e-communications, and live and on-demand video streaming are a constant priority.