Information Page Regarding Your Drinking Water
WATER DISTRICT No.1 is back on Reduced Monitoring for Lead as approved by the Health Department: See their letter here.
This page will be updated with information on this subject:
Some additional details relative to the recent required notice sent to each water account in North Castle Water District No.1
- Our source water has not exceeded the limit.
- We have been on reduced monitoring for Lead for the past twenty years, meaning we are required to sample ten (10) locations every three years, a reduction from the original twenty (20) sites.
- Due to the recent Action Level Exceedance we are now required to increase our sampling back to the original twenty sites.
- The first round of samples is required to be collected during the first six months of 2015.
- A second round of samples will be collected during the second half of 2015.
The simplest thing you can do:
When you use tap water no matter where you are, let the water run until cool to the touch prior to consuming.