NC4 asks you to embrace personal responsibility to be prepared, to receive training in first aid and emergency skills, and to volunteer to support local emergency responders and community safety.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Official emergency preparedness site
- Emergency kits, emergency planning
US Citizens Corps
- Useful citizens preparedness publications.
- Links to FEMA and other sites covering various aspects of preparedness.
Department of Homeland Security
- Real time emergency disaster and declaration map outlining current threatening situations.
- Online library resource for emergency planning and preparedness.
- Information on disaster recovery, including link to disasterassistance.gov.
- Official Red Cross site for educational materials on disaster planning.
- Downloadable detailed instructions, checklists for specific disasters.
- Red Cross News report, including current disaster alerts
New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- Contains an index of useful planning publications covering various kinds of disaster.
- Outlines New York State programs covering disaster planning, mitigation, radiological, training and other programs.
US Department of Health and Human Services
- A wealth of information and services related to emergency planning.
American Academy of Pediatrics
- Information, articles, resources and links for disaster/recovery plans related to the special needs of children.
There are other sites, such as www.Serve.gov and www.DisasterHelp.gov and a site for youth, through the Girls Scout Council and FEMA’s Individual & Community Preparedness Division (the Patch Program).